How we arrange your stay in summer 2021
The summer holiday 2021 and the special conditions associated with it.
The cheerful and friendly staff has not changed and look forward to welcoming and pampering you.
Status: September 12th 2021
The information below is subject to change depending on the decision of the FOPH and is updated regularly.
From Monday, September 13th 2021, a certificate will be required to stay in the hotel (room, Restaurant, Bar and Wellness).
Your usual Schoenegg service:
- Overnight stay in one of our new Deluxe rooms or a Superior room
- Free transfer service from Grindelwald railway station for arrival and departure by prior arrangement
- Welcome drink at the bar or on our sunny terrace with Eiger view
- As usual, Manuel and his team welcome you to dinner
- Breakfast buffet with a large selection of regional delicacies
- Aquawell with panoramic whirlpool, indoor pool, saunas and massages
- Tea and fruit are available in the relaxation room
- Our cheerful and friendly staff are as usual concerned about your well-being
- Your four-legged companions are still very welcome
- Free WIFI
- Outdoor parking space or garage
- Guest card for Grindelwald
- Away from home – still at home
- It is compulsory to wear a mask in all inside public spaces.
- Check-in behind Plexiglas does not diminish our well-known friendliness. Please refrain from unnecessary physical contact (shaking hands)
- Please also pay attention to the recommended distance of 2m in Aquawell, open from 07.30h to 20.00h
- The breakfast buffet is at your disposal from 07.30am to 09.30am
- The dishes of our kitchen team are served in the restaurant from 6.30pm to 8pm
- We can only carry out the room cleaning if you are not in the room
- It may be that there are too few seats available in the lobby and in the Restaurant due to the required distances. We ask for your understanding.
- The reservation and reception artists are at your disposal at the Front desk from 07.30am to 8pm
- We kindly ask you to pay your bill by credit card or debit card (contactless)
- Transfer service: please note that we are only allowed to transport a family or group of friends at a time. This can lead to waiting times
- The lift can only be used by a group or family that belongs together – we ask for your understanding for any waiting times.
Currently not available:
- The kids playroom is closed
- Camille, Nadine and Vanna from the reception cannot accompany you to your room as usual
Our cancellation policy:
until 14 days prior to arrival: Free of charge
until 7 days prior to arrival: 50%
Cancellation due to travel restriction from your home country against Switzerland or the other way around are possible at any time and are free of charge.
Reservations made under an existing travel restriction are subject to our normal cancellation policy.
We kindly ask you to respect and take into account the notices and instructions of the FOPH.
If you experience symptoms such as headaches, coughs, fevers, etc., which indicate respiratory illness, please report immediately to the front desk!
Travel restrictions in Switzerland:
Schengen Area/EU/Non-Risk Third Countries*
Persons entering from the Schengen area, the EU or from non-risk third countries are exempt from quarantine. The testing requirement now only applies to persons arriving by air who have not been vaccinated (with a vaccine approved by the FOPH, EMA or WHO) or who have not recovered from COVID-19. Furthermore, contact details are also required when arriving by plane. No test is required when entering Switzerland by car or train (or on foot).
*Non-risk third countries (as of 23.06.2021): Albania, Andorra, Australia, Bulgaria, Vatican, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Croatia, Lebanon, Macau, Monaco, New Zealand, Northern Macedonia, Rwanda, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United States of America.
All other countries
Switzerland relaxes the existing entry restrictions for persons from all other countries who can prove that they have been vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the FOPH, the EMA or the WHO and within 12 months of the complete vaccination (12 months and 22 days for Janssen). This also applies to the previous list of countries with a virus of concern. Vaccinated tourists from these countries or regions are allowed to enter without testing and quarantine as long as it is ensured that the vaccination provides good protection. In short, only vaccinated persons may enter Switzerland from this category of countries. Recovery is not accepted as a reason for entry for tourism.