How we arrange your stay in winter 2020/2021
The winter holiday 2020/2021 and the special conditions associated with it.
The cheerful and friendly staff has not changed and look forward to welcoming and pampering you.
Status: December 19th 2020
The information below is subject to change depending on the decision of the FOPH and is updated regularly.
Your usual Schoenegg service:
- Overnight stay in one of our new Deluxe rooms or a Superior room
- Free transfer service from Grindelwald railway station for arrival and departure by prior arrangement
- Welcome drink at the bar or on our sunny terrace with Eiger view
- As usual, Manuel and his team welcome you to dinner
- Breakfast buffet with a large selection of regional delicacies
- Aquawell with panoramic whirlpool, indoor pool, saunas and massages
- Tea and fruit are available in the relaxation room
- Our cheerful and friendly staff are as usual concerned about your well-being
- Your four-legged companions are still very welcome
- Free WIFI
- Outdoor parking space or garage
- Guest card for Grindelwald
- Away from home – still at home
- Since 12.10.2020, the government of the canton of Bern has decided that it is compulsory to wear a mask in all public spaces. This also applies to hotels and restaurants. In addition, seating is compulsory in restaurants and bars. We will be happy to serve you at the tables available to you in the lobby and restaurant. The masks can be removed after you have taken your seat. If you help yourself to the buffet or leave your seat for other reasons, we kindly ask you to put your mask back on. If you are moving through the hotel, the masks must also be worn. In the spa area, you can remove your mask in the sauna and pool area. However, not when entering the complex, in the relaxation room or in the changing rooms.
- A maximum of 4 guests per table is allowed, an exception can be made if all guests are living in the same house.
- Check-in behind Plexiglas does not diminish our well-known friendliness. Please refrain from unnecessary physical contact (shaking hands)
- Please also pay attention to the recommended distance of 2m in Aquawell, open from 07.30h to 20.00h
- The use of the saunas is unrestricted due to the high temperatures. Please keep a distance in the rest area
- The breakfast buffet is at your disposal from 07.30am to 09.30am
- The dishes of our kitchen team are served in the restaurant from 6.30pm to 8pm
- Daily newspapers and magazines are not available. The library is also closed.
- We can only carry out the room cleaning if you are not in the room
- A maximum of 4 people can play at the same time at the popular pool table
- It may be that there are too few seats available in the lobby due to the required distances. We ask for your understanding.
- The reservation and reception artists are at your disposal at the Front desk from 07.30am to 8pm
- We kindly ask you to pay your bill by credit card or debit card (contactless)
- Transfer service: please note that we are only allowed to transport a family or group of friends at a time. This can lead to waiting times
- The lift can only be used by a group or family that belongs together – we ask for your understanding for any waiting times.
Currently not available:
- The kids playroom is closed
- Laundry service for guest laundry cannot be offered
- Camille, Nadine and Philipp from the reception cannot accompany you to your room as usual
- No live music on New Year’s Eve
Our cancellation policy:
until 14 days prior to arrival: Free of charge
until 7 days prior to arrival: 50%
Cancellation due to travel restriction from your home country against Switzerland or the other way around are possible at any time and are free of charge.
Reservations made under an existing travel restriction are subject to our normal cancellation policy.
We kindly ask you to respect and take into account the notices and instructions of the FOPH.
If you experience symptoms such as headaches, coughs, fevers, etc., which indicate respiratory illness, please report immediately to the front desk!