How we arrange your stay in Winter 2021/2022
The winter holiday 2021/2022 and the special conditions associated with it.
The cheerful and friendly staff has not changed and look forward to welcoming and pampering you.
Status: December 07th 2021
The information below is subject to change depending on the decision of the FOPH and is updated regularly.
No quarantine applies to guests from the Schengen area and the United Kingdom. However, the guests must:
- Fill in the entry form before arrival
- present a negative PCR test upon entry into Switzerland. This test obligation also applies to vaccinated and recovered persons. In addition, a second test, PCR or rapid antigen test, must be carried out between the fourth and seventh day after entry. The test costs are to be paid by the persons entering the country themselves.
The test result and the entry form number or a copy of the contact card must be reported to the canton.
Have you received a negative test result? Then report this to the canton in the form of a Covid test certificate.
Have you received a positive test result? Then report your test result to the canton.
- People entering Switzerland from border regions (e.g. Baden-Württemberg in Germany) are exempt from the compulsory test.
- Non-vaccinated third-country nationals who want to enter the Schengen area from risk countries or regions will be refused entry to Switzerland for temporary stays.
From Monday, September 13th 2021, a certificate will be required to stay in the hotel (room, Restaurant, Bar and Wellness).
Vaccination certificates of guests from third countries (outside EU / EFTA / Schengen) vaccinated with an EMA vaccine can now apply for a Swiss Covid certificate via the following platform:
- This conversion costs CHF 30.– , it must be paid by the applicant.
- The period between data entry and receipt of the Swiss Covid certificate is up to 5 days.
- The Swiss Covid certificate can either be downloaded or loaded directly into the Covid 19 certificate app
Your usual Schoenegg service:
- Overnight stay in one of our new Deluxe rooms or a Superior room
- Free transfer service from Grindelwald railway station for arrival and departure by prior arrangement
- Welcome drink at the bar or on our sunny terrace with Eiger view
- As usual, Manuel and his team welcome you to dinner
- Breakfast buffet with a large selection of regional delicacies
- Aquawell with panoramic whirlpool, indoor pool, saunas and massages
- Tea and fruit are available in the relaxation room
- Our cheerful and friendly staff are as usual concerned about your well-being
- Your four-legged companions are still very welcome
- Free WIFI
- Outdoor parking space or garage
- Guest card for Grindelwald
- Away from home – still at home
- It is compulsory to wear a mask in all inside public spaces.
- Check-in behind Plexiglas does not diminish our well-known friendliness. Please refrain from unnecessary physical contact (shaking hands)
- Please also pay attention to the recommended distance of 2m in Aquawell, open from 07.30h to 20.00h
- The breakfast buffet is at your disposal from 07.30am to 09.30am
- The dishes of our kitchen team are served in the restaurant from 6.30pm to 8pm
- We can only carry out the room cleaning if you are not in the room
- It may be that there are too few seats available in the lobby and in the Restaurant due to the required distances. We ask for your understanding.
- The reservation and reception artists are at your disposal at the Front desk from 07.30am to 8pm
- We kindly ask you to pay your bill by credit card or debit card (contactless)
- Transfer service: please note that we are only allowed to transport a family or group of friends at a time. This can lead to waiting times
- The lift can only be used by a group or family that belongs together – we ask for your understanding for any waiting times.
Currently not available:
- The kids playroom is closed
- Camille, Nadine and Oliver from the reception cannot accompany you to your room as usual
Our cancellation policy:
until 14 days prior to arrival: Free of charge
until 7 days prior to arrival: 50%
Cancellation due to travel restriction from your home country against Switzerland or the other way around are possible at any time and are free of charge.
Reservations made under an existing travel restriction are subject to our normal cancellation policy.
We kindly ask you to respect and take into account the notices and instructions of the FOPH.
If you experience symptoms such as headaches, coughs, fevers, etc., which indicate respiratory illness, please report immediately to the front desk!